Hi, my internet alias is Arie Kanarie. I'm 30 yrs old, scientist, and a guitar player.
I've been playing guitar for 12 years now. At first I started out playing deathmetal on my electrical guitar. I got in a band (Mordor/Columbian necktie) and we made some heavy stuff, unfortunately, non of it exists today (one video tape, not in my possession).
After like 4 years I bought an acoustic guitar. I only knew how to play 4 short intro's or pieces of songs, and didn't learn much more in the following years. For almost three years now, I am fascinated by the classical guitar and its beautiful sounds. Thanks to the internet I got to learn how to play any piece that I liked, a great motivation to get back to learing how to play the classical guitar.
Music Arie can play on the guitar (from the head)
- Classical gas (Mason Williams)
- Air on a G-string (Bach)
- Study Am (Tarrega, quite fast, but no pro yet)
- Recuerdos de la Alhambra (Tarrega, intermediate tempo)
- Canon in D (Pachabell, learned at wholenote, great song to play together with someone else!, see my favorite lessons)
- Remembranza (Andres Segovia, beautiful piece, not so really hard on intermediate tempo, impossible at Segovia's tempo)
- Asturias (I finally mastered the difficult chord!!! Still have to memorize the slower part in between though)
- Fur Elise (Beethoven, I only knew the familiar melody, but now I translated the entire song, check my lessons!)
Below you can see my guitar. It's a handmade guitar from 1967 (older then I am) constructed by Oscar Teller. It doesn't just look awesome (very rare flame on the top blade) it plays fantastic and has a beautiful sound.