my "Tuxie Tele"
So you found me.
I've started playing again after a 20 year hiatus. So, yes, I am learning all of this all over again.
After almost a year of learning and practice, I am happy to say the desire to keep going is still there.
Main foci? Yeah right!
I like country, blues, classical , rock, rockabilly, funk and jazz guitar. Not neccisarily in that order. Most likely, if it is or can be played on the guitar, I'll probably like it.
I have a Washburn BT-8 , a mexican Telecaster and an Ovation Celebrity Deluxe. with these 3 guitars, I seem to be able make any "noise" I want. My varied musical interst seems to help drive me to learn more and more, Once I start to get bored or "stuck in a rut" with one musical style, another one challenges me to move on. Sometimes ,even bringing about a new appreciation of the versitility of the guitar.
- Outlaw country (Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Jr., Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson)
- Bluesmasters (Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, SRV, BB King)
- Southern rock (Skynard, Alman Bros., Marshall Tucker Band, etc.)
- "Heard it in a love song" by Marshall Tucker Band
- "Into the night" by B.B. King
- "Starkville City Jail" by Johnny Cash