Well, make yourself at home already!
I guess this is where I'm supposed to tell you a little about myself.. I've been playing for about 10 years now and am 28 years old. Started off playing hard-rock and heavy metal. Then moved onto folk and classical elements for taste. Lately, I've acquired a richer appreciation for blues....especially Chicago.
From the beginning, I've always wanted to play my own music while incorporating various elements from other sources. That being the case, I don't spend a WHOLE lot of time learning cover songs...as much as say, their licks and riffs, etc...(bits and pieces of this or that for future use).
Goals and Aspirations:
*Developing a better ear for melody, harmony and rhythm.
*Being better able to express myself on the instrument (or various others, at will).
*Cleaner playing at higher volumes.
*Better singing. =/
*(quite a bit more to be added at a more convenient time) =/ =/
- Zep, Beatles,Sabbath, old Metallica...Slayer's got some good riffs.
- ACDC, Hendrix, Randy Rhoads. Albert Collins, Roy Buchanan, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson.
- Film scores, cabaret...dirty blues, dirty jazz. Trip-hop and electronic....some classical.
- Metallica's "Pulling Teeth", Ozzy's "Over the Mountain", Yngwie's "Icarus' Dream Suite Op 4".
- Led Zeppelin's "Dancing Days", The Doors "The End", Chris Cornell "Sunshower".
- Wagner "Ride of the Valkyries", Toto "Dune Soundtrack", Danny Elfman ...various. Also, Goldfrapp "Slippage" (quite good).