Blues, blues, blues, blues
I am mostly a bass player (on which I also play mostly blues but also rock, jazz, reggae etc) but as of late I have gotten very into blues guitar. I love how simple the blues are because it makes it very easy to improvise, especailly when you are playing slow blues. All you need is to know how to play some 7th bar chords and the blues scale(cool people use Mixolydian mode and stuff like that but im not that cool yet). Switching keys is a little tricky but not hard to get used to. Its also very easy to write songs for the blues becasue the key changes make it much more interesting than just a repeating line.
- Allman Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Greatful Dead
- BB King, John Lee Hooker
- Toots and the Maytals, Lee Perry
- Allman Brothers: "The Filmore Concerts" and "Idlewood South"
- Jimi Hendrix: "Live at the Filmore East" and "First Rays of the New Rising Sun"
- The Very Best of John Lee Hooker