Hi. I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now. Over the last 6-8 months, I've really been trying to make an effort to practice and learn all my scales, etc. My first year of playing, I was clueless...I lived in a small, backwards town that didn't even have instructional books. All of my advances in guitar have taken place over the last year and have been self taught. On days that I don't have much to do, I try to practice 2-4 hours a day.
About 8 or so months ago, I bought a Fender Lonestar Strat...truely awesome. About 2 days after that purchase, I bought a Marshall 100 watt valvestate amp. Both are really great...the lonestar is so versitle...it's like a strat and a gibson in one...My first guitar was a Ibanez pf3 that my dad bought for only $160...a great value for the money...later I purchased a Peavy Raptor....a guitar that I would not really recommend...For electric guitars I prefer Fenders, Gibsons, or Godins. For Acoustic, Taylor guitars. My next guitar purchase will most likely be a Godin LGX 2 voice, a really excellent guitar at a reasonable price.
- Nirvana, Beck, Eric Clapton, Tom Morello
- Smashing Pumpkins, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Slash
- Led Zeppelin, Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix
- Smashing Pumpkins-Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
- Led Zeppelin-Houses of the Holy, ZoSo
- Jimi Hendrix-Best Of, Cream-Best Of