- I'm nearly 50 years old
- I have a grey beard
- I am no longer slim (I was once)
- I'm still young at heart, but getting cynical in my 'old age'
- I'm a freelance computer consultant by day, and a frustrated rock superstar by night (mostly)
- I like to drink good wine, but usually end up with Californian, Italian and South African reds
- I do not want to join the European Monetary Union - Do Americans want to share the same currency as the Mexicans, Canadians and Cubans??
- I don't line-dance, thank you.
- My other passion is my Alfa Romeo 164 Cloverleaf see: Cloverleaf Register
- I've been married to Zena for twenty-nine tears, sorry, years, since we were at school
- She is not grey, blue or any other un-natural shade
- To discuss her physical properties would be suicidal
- She is a 'Health Service Professional' by day, and a 'Domestic Systems Executive' at all other times or when not engaged as 'Teenage Taxi Service' operative.
- We have a daughter, Sophie, who is 15, but what's that got to do with it? What? You just don't understand! It's not my fault! What?? Homework?? Get real!!
- Sophie likes horses. No, Sophie loves horses - she would prefer to be in a stable rather than at home. Unless the TV is on, preferably tuned to Buffy, MTV, Simpsons, any other teen crud you can imagine.
- My father has started to lean to play the axe - he's just turned 76 - what a guy.
MY MUSICAL TASTES and PLAYING (in)ABILITY
- I like (appreciate) most things - except perhaps rapp and modern jazz
- Blues, '70's rock, The Beatles, Climax Blues Band, Be Bop Delux, Traffic, Sting, Zep, all the usual suspects
- Classics as well - Opera (Magic Flute, Carmen, Pavarotti, Spagetti), Orchestral (Beethoven, Bach, that Russian bloke as well, Tchicofski or summat)
- I support the local Young Musicians association, see: www.saym.co.uk
- I've recently had a passing interest in 'classic' jazz, and have been attempting a few standards
- I'm still a novice really, even after all these years. I play all kinds of things - mostly badly!
- My ambition is to have Zena remain in the same room while I play..............
- ............and to accompany Sophie on her clarinet in public.
- I picked up the habit again in early 2001, after a break of thirty years.
- My budget/musical tastes suggested an arch top, so I bought an Epiphone Sheraton 2, natural finish. Nice.
- I've got some Les Paul standard PU's to install - will replace the entire switch/pot garbage at the same time.
- My long term acoustic, an old Eko Ranger 12 Jumbo, was broken beyond repair in an accident - it was terrible to play and sounded awful
- I replaced it with a Tanglewood Earth 500 - very pleased with that one. Rich tone, well made, good price.
- I recently bought a Line6 Spider 1x12 amp. Rock on Tommy!
- I'm having a secret love affair with a DeArmond Ashbory Bass at the moment - currently I can only worship from afar............ oh those silicone strings!!