er, welcome to this here page
I am a 27 year old guitarist--now more of a glorified instrument collector. I am interested in songwriting and arrangement. I am fascinated by good pop tunes, but I have been a past devotee of everything from (real oldschool)thrash to ska to new wave to singer songwriters and lots of other music I'm less than proud of listening to.I also consider myself an expert on the sociology of 80's 'shred' guitar. Some of my favorite players that don't necessarily get a lot of transcribed attention are Elliot Easton of the Cars, Prince, Sting (great basslines)-I can't think of anyone else.
I play guitar, a little bass, and am learning keys
My musical background is probably pretty typical for those that grew up in the 80's. Play fast guitar first, gain interest in songwriting,then have to re-learn all the basics, then get too old.
Any one with info on Elliot Easton guitar solos, or transcriptions of old standards like Frank or Bobby Darrin would sing, please feel free to contact me.
- Beatles, Elvis Costello, Police, Rundgren
- Prince, Matthew Sweet, Tom Waits
- Joe Henderson, Radiohead, They Might be Giants
- My aim is true, Truth and Soul, Closing Time
- Rubber Soul, Page One, Parade, Apollo 18
- Zenyatta Mondatta, 100% Fun, Fair Warning