This is a pretty boring and old pic, I will try to get a better one later.
Hey my name is Colin and I'm 17 yrs. old. I have been playing guitar for about 2 year now and I absolutly love it. I got started one day when I decide to pull my moms old acoustic down from the closet and mess around with it. Well anyway, it snowballed from there and I started to buy books to learn as much as I could, then I decide I wanted an electric. I ended up buying a Squier Standard Strat, not he best guitar out there but it works for me, and a Fender frontman amp. That all happened about 2 yrs ago and now I just purchased a PRS Santana SE and Digitech RP200 effects pedal. Im also in a band and I play with a bunch of really cool guys. We've been doing some gigs lately and it's been a lot of fun. Thats about all there is to say about my little corner of the guitar universe.
Something I've come to realize after playing guitar for awhile is I have a new found appreciation for all kinds of music. Now I'll admit that a few years back I was your typical teenage guy who listened to korn and limp bizkit and hated anything that was soft or had rythm. But after I started playing guitar I started to like all kinds of music even classical and I definetly have a bigger respect for anyone who plays an instrument. Mabey someday down the road I'll be known for that music that I loathed so much.
- James Taylor, Nirvana, Dave Matthews Band
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Pink Floyd, John Frusciante( this guy rocks so much he deserves a separate mention)
- Alice in Chains, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Jimmi Hendrix
- Californication, Nevermind, In Utero, Blood Sugar Sex Magik
- Everyday, Led Zeppelin IV, Are you Expierenced?
- Dark Side of the Moon, Dirt