Small town heritage, World outlook
I was born in New Mexico, raised in Mississippi, and I've lived everywhere else. I'm 33 years old and I've been playing guitar for about 25 of those years. Largely self-taught. I was taught C, F, and G open chords, and a box 3 minor pentatonic. I learned everything else by improving behind a piano and organ at church.
It's not in the player, it's in the player.
Your ability to play well will not be limited by your equipment, but you won't have to work as hard if you have the right equipment. For most that ends up being a Gibson or Fender guitar paired with a Marshall or Fender amp. There are others out there, but I'm too busy as an active musician to try them all out. :-)
- Jimi Hendrix, John Fogerty, Dave Gilmour, Neil Schon
- Eric Clapton, Rich Robinson, Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Carlos Santana, Jimmy Page, Etc, Etc, Etc.
- Dark Side of the Moon, Shake Your Moneymaker
- Creedence Chronicle (the original 70's LP)
- Experience, Etc, Etc, Etc, Etc, Etc.