I looked at MOTU firewire entries, but prefered the XLR tube mic inputs of the firestation.
I AM going to buy another two to bring my studio up to 24 channel simultanious I/O in the future.
It would be best if all 8 cnannels had the preamps, 6 are line level I/O. I'll just get more preamps to insert in front of them =)
Model Year: 2003
Price: $600.00 (new)
Where Obtained: Guitar Center
- 2 tube mic preamp channels + 6 channels line input
- 8 channels line in level controls
- return buss level and headphone controls
- Mixer level
-internal/extrnal mixer switch
-internal external clcok sych switch
- individually switched phantom power for mics
- 1/2 height rack mount
- 2 front panel combination XLR/balanced/unbalance 1/4 inch inputs
- 20 balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS back pannel I/O patchbay
- ADAT SDIF I/O connectors
- Midi I/O
-crystal clear with very low sound floor
-choice between solid state and tube preamp on mic inputs
-24 bit resolution with sample rates of 32, 44.1 and 48k
- SPDI and ADAT interfaces for clean communication between other devices in the studio
Ease of Use:
Ouch !!!! It took almost 24 workinh hours to get it up and running, but once done works seamlessly in the equipment chain. difintely not for the faint of heart. Everything else is top notch.
Buitlike a tank. As long as I keep the vents clear this puppy will run for years with minimum amintenance (re-tubing pre-amp section). Presonus is a well respected pro-gear sound re-enfocement manufacturer. Hevy duty shetmetal constuction with milled aluminum front panel.