San Diego, CA (December 11, 2012) -- Carvin has announced the new CT7 line of 7-string, carved-top electrics. The guitars are available with figured or plain tops and come in any of the Carvin Custom Shop's standard colors. Here are the details from the company:
In response to numerous customer requests, Carvin is proud to introduce our latest California Carved Top models, the CT7 and CT74 seven-string guitars. The CT7 is designed specifically for the dynamic and tonal range of a seven string instrument. It features an alder body and maple set-neck, along with a stunning 4A flamed maple top, which can be finished in an assortment of deep triple-step colors. Other exotic top woods are available, including 4A quilted maple, flamed koa, and flamed spalted maple. To help showcase the beautiful top, the CT7 comes standard with our natural body binding effect which exposes the natural edge of its exotic wood top.
The CT74 shares the premium features of the CT7, with a plain maple top standard. It can be finished in any of the Custom Shop's standard solid colors, optional translucent finishes or optional metallic solid colors. The finish is applied to the entire instrument, including the back.
Electronics on both models consist of a pair of Carvin premium A70 active humbuckers along with a single volume, single tone and 3-way pickup selector. Carvin's active pickup and electronic combination must be heard to appreciate how well they compliment the tone of the instrument's superior natural resonance. For those that prefer the simplicity of a passive pickup system, Carvin's new optional D26 passive humbuckers can be ordered.
- Construction: set neck
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Body: alder with 20mm highest quality flamed maple top
- Neck: Eastern hardrock maple, flamed maple headstock overlay w/ 24K gold logo
- Fingerboard: ebony, 14" radius
- Inlays: abalone dots
- Neck Width: 1.91" wide @ nut, 2.62" wide @ 24th fret
- Hardware: chrome
- Bridge: M bridge - tune-o-matic bridge set in body with strings fed through
- Tuners: Sperzel™ locking tuners
- Frets: 24 medium-jumbo, .103 wide X .048 tall
- Pickups: active A70 humbuckers
- Electronics: master volume & tone control, 3-way pickup selector
- Dimensions: 39" long, 12.7" wide body, 2.03" thick at center of body, 1.5" thick at edge
- Average Weight: 8.25 lbs
For more information: