This past Friday (June 19), Madonna uploaded a video of herself playing the iconic Jimmy Page guitar riff from Led Zeppelin‘s “Whole Lotta Love."
In the video, which originally appeared (and still does) on the singer's Instagram, she’s dressed in black and stands in a room with at least five other guitars in the background (not to mention the Orange cab she's playing through).
When she posted it, she included the caption, “Channeling Led Zeppelin. Whole Lotta Love. #rebelheart.” Rebel Heart is her latest album.
The video has more than 66,200 likes and thousands of comments. Care to add to that?
“Whole Lotta Love,” the opening track from 1969's Led Zeppelin II, was the band’s only Top 10 single, reaching No. 4 on the charts. It seems that when people want to mess with a Led Zeppelin song, they choose this one. For instance:
• "Whole Lotta Love" on a Dulcimer: Check Out This Crazy Led Zeppelin Cover
• Whole Lotta Sound Effects: Michael Winslow Covers Led Zeppelin
• Whole Lotta Editing: Five Awesome Led Zeppelin Mashups
• Jess Greenberg Covers Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" and "Whole Lotta Love"
• "One Man Zepp" Covers Led Zeppelin's "The Song Remains the Same," "Whole Lotta Love" and More.
By the way, this reminds us of the time Madonna covered Pantera's "A New Level" in 2008. You can watch her play a few seconds of "Whole Lotta Love" in the top video and most of "A New Level" in the bottom video. Enjoy!