Respond to This

Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

I've been thinking...
Most of us here have jobs or go to school. Not too many of us are professional guitarists. i.e. we don't go on tour or have albums or teach etc.
Of course most of us think that we are special because we play the guitar. Am I correct in saying so?
We know that there's people better than us. At school, in your city at work, wherever. But we always think we're the best.
Look at carlos santana.. Hes a great guitarist but his ego is too big for him. He thinks he's some kind of divine thingy. (Look at the names of his last 2 albums. Supernatural, Shaman) I've got great respect for him but i never want to be like that.
Don't let your egos get too big for you. It's bad.

Andrew
Responses  [ Pages: 1 · 2 ]
Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/3/2003 3:34 PM

Jake Lizzio (985) wrote:

I do agree with you when you say that guitarists have huge egos- 90% of us do, but I have to disagree with your Santana example. Carlos Santana claims that he recieves inspiration for his music from dead loved ones... He's also been known to talk about metaphysics quite frequently. I don't think that he's shooting for a "I'm divine and mysterious, you aren't" type thing, but in his case he's just reflecting his beliefs.

Jake



Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/3/2003 3:44 PM

Andrew Smith (2792) wrote:

Still... I think his guitar and fame have gotten to his head.

Andrew

Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/3/2003 3:43 PM

Pohl Longsine (513) wrote:

If we interpreted album names with respect to the guitarist's ego, I'm sure we could come up with all kinds of amusing examples.

I'll go next: "Southern Steel", by Steve Morse. He obviously thinks he's well endowed.



Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/4/2003 7:17 PM

Joony Lee (2092) wrote:

Lmao

Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/3/2003 4:32 PM

Stephen Williamson (3356) wrote:

Honestly, I do not think I am anything special. In fact, I know I am nothing special. In another time or place, I would be nothing more than cannon fodder. I play the guitar only to amuse myself.



Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/4/2003 4:26 PM

Stacey Thompson (278) wrote:

Cannon fodder? Send me some of the stuff you just smoked:)



Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/4/2003 5:02 PM

Stephen Williamson (3356) wrote:

I just smoked a pipe of Blue Note.
Actually, almost every one that has ever lived in this world has died because of some war or because of an epidemic. I would rather go by war, so yes, I would be fodder for the cannon.

Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/3/2003 5:32 PM

Inactive Member wrote:

I like boosting my ego... because when I do, I also boost my self-esteem. When I play in front of my friends, I have a really big ego, because I am so much better than them, and I need an ego boost. If I ever got famous, my self-esteem would probably be high enough so that I didn't have to have a big ego... :)__u

Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/3/2003 5:56 PM

Shane Roe (9823) wrote:

I don't go around thinking I'm really cool or anything like that. I don't think people as good as me need to do that.

Shane

Respond to this

Re: Your guitarist ego.. BAD BAD BAD!

1/3/2003 6:46 PM

Alan Roberts (10065) wrote:

There's lots of sucessful people in this industry who have low self-esteem and no ego...








They're called roadies!
Peace,
Alan

More Responses  [ Pages: 1 · 2 ]