In this lesson I'll try to explain to you what harmonics are, and several different ways of producing them. I'm assuming that you are familiar with note pitches and intervals. I've divided the lesson in a few parts.
- Page One is... well, this page
- Page Two tells you the pitches of notes you are playing and gives you a little physics background on harmonics. I tried to keep the explanations simple. While the info on this page is not essential for the techniques I describe later, it helps a lot.
- Page Three describes natural harmonics and classical artificial harmonics
- Page Four deals with rock artificial or pinch harmonics
- Page Five is devoted to more esoteric kinds of harmonics, namely tap and "harp" harmonics.