Over the past few years, I?ve created a number of guitar soloing lessons here on WholeNote. Although I plan on publishing more in the near future, I think these ones are all on the same wavelength. The lessons are simplistic and useful, easy to absorb.
They are written mainly for the intermediate rock guitarist on his way to being advanced. I think you?ll find this information immediately helpful in your soloing. I?ve poured countless hours out into these lessons.
I love to solo on the guitar. I spent a lot of time in the past figuring out the easiest ways to open my soloing up. I believe more than most of those studies are here in these lessons.
Work smarter, not harder.
Feel free to check out my website ATOMIC Guitarist
How to Solo on the Guitar
Bookmark this page so you can return to it later.
- Rock Solo 50 pages containing lessons on harmonizing chords for soloing (keys), the fretboard, the Pentatonic Scale, the Blues Scale, the Major & Minor Scales/Modes, and Tetrachords.
- Rock Solo II 20 pages on the Chromatic Scale, the Harmonic Minor Scale, Legato/Pentatonic Scale, and Legato/Modes.
- Solo Like a Mofo Part I 6 dense pages of alternate scales, modes, and arpeggios. Learning alternate shapes have an impact on your note selection and make you a more versatile lead guitarist.
- Solo Like a Mofo Part II 6 pages of extended modes to help you cover more of the fretboard.
- Solo Like a Mofo Part III 4 dense pages containing more diatonic extensions.
- Finger Acrobatics 5 pages all about building speed on the guitar. Difficult, time consuming, and aerobic.
- Finger Acrobatics II 3 pages that go hand-in-hand with Finger Acrobatics I.
- Shifting Shapes 8 pages of knowledge about creating melodic layers over chords.
- Shifting Shapes II 4 pages which contain major scale plug-ins for the shapes in part I.
- Shifting Shapes III 6 pages about applying the famous CAGED system.